Hotmail was the first webmail service which is provided by Microsoft. Hotmail was founded by Jack Smith and Sabeer Bhatia on 4th July 1996. Hotmail was owned by Microsoft in 1997 and it has more than 10 million subscribers.
Microsoft rebranded Hotmail as Outlook.com and launched the beta version of Outlook.com on 31, July 2012 to the general public. Users of hotmail.com upgrade to outlook.com. the update deployed on 3 April 2013, according to Microsoft. Hotmail.com customers use Outlook.com to log in their @hotmail.com accounts.
How to Signup on Hotmail.com:
Here you know how to signup Hotmail account by following some easy steps below.
- Visit https://login.live.com/ and click “Create one!” next to “No account?”
- Create your unique email and select aliases (@hotmail.com and outlook.com) and click next.
- Create a strong password(contains an Upper case, lower case, Special characters, and Numbers) for Hotmail email(password field is case sensitive) and click Next.
- Enter your first name and last name to Hotmail account and click next.
- Select your Country/Region from the dropdown and provide your Date Of Birth, click next.
- Now pass/complete the captcha to verify you are a human and click next.
- Now You have to enter your phone number and click on “Send code”, Hotmail asks you for the code(OTP) received on your phone. once you entered the code(OTP) and click next.
- Once your number is verified you’ll able to use your verified number to recover your Hotmail account if you forget your password.
- Once you complete the above process your Outlook/Hotmail account is ready to use. Outlook redirects you to the outlook tutorial page(How to use Hotmail/outlook) then displays your inbox. where you can send, receive and view personal and business emails.
The premium version of Outlook is known as Outlook Premium. Outlook premium was discontinued late in 2017 Microsoft added premium features to their desktop app in Microsoft 365. Outlook Premium is part of Microsoft 365, So Microsoft 365 subscribers will receive outlook premium. Outlook premium includes:
- Premium storage of 1TB (1000 GB) per user.
- Ads free Mail/inbox.
- Premium malware scanning system.
- Automatic syncing and offline email composition.
- Custom domain Email Service.
Outlook.com vs Hotmail.com:
The difference between Hotmail.com and outlook.com is only the domain names, but both are the same. There is no separate domain for “@hotmail.com” emails, the user has to log in to their emails which have the @hotmail.com suffix using outlook.com. Because Microsoft merge both(hotmail.com and outlook.com) domains in outlook.com
Note: The Hotmail email holders can log in to their account and user can also create a new email with Hotmail.