Update March 10, 2010, 8:20pm: The event will be now held on March 23, 2014 at National College Ground, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bangalore
Update Feb 18,2014, 2:10pm: The event has been postponed due to some unavoidable circumstances. The organisers said that they were really excited about the immense response they’d received from the people. New dates will be released soon.
To showcase the culture and heritage of North East India, Assam Association of Karnataka , a Non-Profit cultural community based welfare service organisation is organising the first ever North East Carnival on March 23, 2014 at National College Ground, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bangalore. The festival will consist of Mongolian Food Festival, Music, Textile & Hand loom Exhibition, Flea Market apart from the Cultural Evenings. Various bands and artistes will be performing during the day long festival.
Performing Band/ Artiste Profile:
1. Priyanka Bharali: Nebcus Best Singer Award & Dr. Bhupen Hazarika Award winning singer from Assam.
2. Abhijit Baruah: Guiness World Record holder of throwing 329 punches on a boxing pad in a minute.
3. Manas Robin: Singer, Composer and Director from Assam.
4. GNTC (Girish and the Chronicles) : Winner of ‘Yamaha Asian Beat’ and Famed as ‘Best Glam Rock Voice of Asia.
5. ALOBO NAGA & THE BAND : Best Indian Act At MTV Europe Music Award.
6. YESTER DRIVE: Nominated for VIMA Award.
7. BK & INA: Nominated for VIMA Award
Apart from this, Designer Dhiraj Deka and Team will be presenting a Fashion show highlighting the traditional attire from North East India.
The event will be held at National College Ground, Shankarapuram, Basavanagudi, Bangalore and passes can be booked through the official event partner website: http://em.explara.com/
For more details, visit : www.northeastcarnival.com