Himanta Biswa Sarma, after winning last assembly election from his constituency with huge margin of over 77000 votes, took charge as education minister of Assam while retaining health portfolio. He has also been given Assam accord implementation portfolio.
Within days of taking charge as education minister, Himanta Biswa Sarma had visited education directorate offices in Kahilipara like Higher education, elementary education etc. The video is embedded :-
The video was aired in NewsLive TV and uploaded to youtube by them.
In this video, the minister speaks in Assamese, few of his lines are translated to English :-
1. “Go and ask some one in disguise, what is the worst office in Assam, you will get reply as DPI office at Kahilipara. It has to be changed!”
2. “After director has signed some file, it has to be dispatched within 7 days, I would send guidelines at all soon.”
3. What is this cost that college lectures ( I know from my friends who are lecturers, professors) collect Rs. 5000, 10000 and then come here to pay ? I would like to know that!
4. “Who are absent, put them casual leave. Send showcase notices please who are absent without any information.”
Assam education department is considered as one of the most corrupt, inefficient department in Assam. If Himanta Biswa Sarma can change the image of education department in Assam, it would be nothing short of a miracle!
Latest posts by Staff Reporter (see all)
- 76 Killed, hundred homeless in recent terrorist attack in Assam - December 25, 2014
- Rice Bucket Challenge in North East India - September 3, 2014
- Tarun Gogoi accuses Centre of not taking the violence seriously - August 21, 2014
- Sanjita from Manipur wins India’s first gold medal at 2014 Commonwealth Games - July 25, 2014